Upgrade Prestashop 1.6 to 1.7 can be tricky depending on what approach you take. If you wish to keep things easy then it is recommended to use “One-click upgrade” module, however this does not work in some cases. It is sometimes difficult to get your Prestashop site upgraded with the conventional methods and that is why you need to use some other techniques. It is sometimes easier to upgrade the Prestashop site manually. Below you will find a complete guide that will help you upgrade Prestashop 1.6 to 1.7.
Upgrading From Prestashop 1.6
Here you will find step by step instructions that you need to follow if you wish to go from Prestashop 1.6 to the latest version available 184.108.40.206.
- First and foremost, it is recommended that you back up all of your files and databases that you were using with Prestashop 1.6.
- The next step is that you will need to download the latest version (1.7.4) of your Prestashop to your computer, which in this case is the Prestashop 1.7. You can use this link to download the file.
- Unzip the file that you just downloaded and then change the name of the admin folder to the one that you use. Then delete the upload folder.
- After then you will have to zip everything into a new folder, then upload the new file to your website’s root folder, for this you will want to use cPanle or an ftp client. Once uploaded, unzip the file.
- Then open “yourdomain.com/install/upgrade/upgrade.php”, then you will start to see messages that tell you the result. If everything is okay then you can move to the next step, but if you see white page then click troubleshoot.
- Lastly, delete the install folder along with the class_index file which is located in the cache folder.
Upgrading Prestashop 1.7 to the Latest Version
If you are already using Prestashop 1.7 and want to upgrade to the latest version available then there are ways to do that too.
- Much like before, you will first have to ensure that you have successfully backed up all of your files and databases. This is because you will not want to lose any of your precious data during the process.
- Then you will have to download the latest version of Prestashop that is currently available. Then unzip the file that you just download and rename the admin folder to your name.
- Then open the Upgrade.php file which is present in the install folder and remove the following two lines from it.
$this -> upgradeDoctrineSchema();
$this -> enableNativeModules();
Removing these two lines is extremely important, if you do not remove the first line then there is a chance that you will be welcomed by the white page. If you do not remove the second line then all the native modules will be activated.
- Copy the parameters.php file and paste it to the config folder. The delete the custom.css file.
- Then zip everything into one place and upload the file to the root folder of your site and then unzip it.
- Then open the yourdomain.com/install/upgrade/upgrade.php to see whether everything went good or not.
- Delete the install folder.
Use the migrate module, why not?
But now we have a more difficult problem. If your version is 1.5 or even older 1.4, how do you do it?
Will you upgrade from 1.4 or 1.5 to 1.6 with the “1 click upgrade” module and then upgrade to 1.7 using the method I mentioned above?
Oh no! It’s a waste of time, right?
Have you ever been looking for simpler data migration methods?
Let ‘s finish the search here. I’ll give you a great suggestion: Upgrade Prestashop 1.6 to 1.7
With this module, you can migrate all Prestashop site data (regardless of the version you are using, 1.6, 1.5 or 1.4) in just a few mouse clicks!!